Lisa Bullwinkel brought to the Coordinating Committee’s attention that there is a City Council-approved Arts and Culture Plan with the following features, some of which are applicable to the Civic Center project:
- Artist housing and live-work units.
- Small to midsize, mixed-use performance spaces designed for theater, film, dance, literary arts and musical use.
- Gallery space to support the visual arts.
- A centralized Community Arts Center to be used for arts classes, performances, visual art exhibitions, film festivals, poetry readings, youth activities and support services.
- A portable stage, assistive listening systems for the hearing impaired and seating for community events and festivals.
- Arts districts could be used citywide as a mechanism to promote and cultivate the arts and increase community participation.
- Protection and enhancement of existing arts facilities.
View the 2018 Plan Update here.